23. Deep Dive: 1031 Exchanges with Dave Foster
March 08, 2022
Copeland Morgan Media
In this episode, Jeff dives into 1031 Exchanges with Qualified Intermediary and founder of The 1031 Investor, Dave Foster.
Dave and his team have completed over 100,000 exchanges for real estate investors, and though Dave won't admit it, he has seen it all!
- 1031 Exchanges in a seller's market
- 1031 Exchanges in a buyer's market
- What is a Starker Exchange?
- How to defer capital gains taxes until you die
- What to look for in a 1031 Qualified Intermediary
- How to leave your heirs a tax free investment property
- Section 121 of the tax code regarding the sale of your primary residence
- How to combine a 1031 exchange with the sale of a primary residence
- How to convert an investment property into a primary residence
- How to retire to a house on the beach in Hawaii using 1031 exchanges
Links and Resources:
- Dave's slide deck showing the outcome for two different investors
- Written interview with Dave on 1031 exchanges on our blog